Do you want to become a significant employee in an expansive SaaS company that works at the forefront of the latest online, video, and streaming technology? Passion for both Software and Hardware development? We’re now looking for a talented and hands-on DevOps engineer who is well versed in hardware (virtualization and storage hardware), network (hardware and software) and operating system administration. Sounds like a role that would suit you? Now you have the chance to take part in a fantastic adventure with us!
Quickchannel is a SaaS company that develops and sells the market's best streaming and online video solutions, a segment that has seen massive demand growth during the Covid era. We currently have over 20 partners around the world and over 160 customers in both the public and private sector - customers such as Telia, Arbetsförmedlingen, and SPP. We have recently raised external capital and are in a strong growth phase transitioning from a start-up to a scale-up, and therefore we are now looking for a new DevOps Engineer to join our team.
This is a key role in the business where you'll be responsible for our hardware and server maintenance and development and virtualization infrastructure. Your mission is to be an enabler in providing our development teams with frictionless tools, infrastructure, and processes. Reliability, scalability, and security are focus areas for this role.
We are a slim and flat tech organization where all contribute on all levels. You will get the opportunity to shape how we work and to be a part of developing the solution from an HW perspective.
- Oversee, maintain, and develop network, hardware infrastructure, and backup systems.
- Update installed operating systems, software systems, and hardware components.
- Deliver metrics on system uptime, performance, and chokepoints.
- Co-operate with the development team regarding hardware, VM, virtual appliance, the operational environment, and related services.
- Assist customers in the installation, maintenance, and support of virtual appliances.
- Suggest, plan, and implement improvements regarding security, performance, scalability, stability, or similar.
Who are you?
- We value a “can-do mentality”, but where you are still not afraid to ask questions and seek assistance from colleagues.
- We put a lot of emphasis on teamwork and collaborative problem solving, so good communication skills, empathy, and a team-first mindset is key.
- We would love a curious colleague that is driven, organized, and structured.
- Network competence (LAN, WAN, infrastructure, design)
- Hardware knowledge (virtualization hardware, SAN)
- Linux and Windows Server operating systems (basic usage and administration)
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V)
- Scripting skills (PowerShell and bash)
- Hardware and software monitoring
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD
- Programming skills
- Database knowledge
- Opportunity to work remote up to three days a week
- Healthcare package
- Market salary
- We believe in development at all possible levels, so if you have the ambition, we are happy to give you the conditions.
- Inspirational conferences and kickoffs
- You will be an important cog in a successful company with short decision paths and great ambitions
- An exciting and challenging job in an entrepreneurial company in growth that is constantly evolving and wants to move forward
- A company with a strong set of values
- A wonderful team where everyone contributes to a good and inspiring work climate
- Fresh Office - Your role will be placed at our new office in Strängnäs, Stallarholmen or Gamla Stan, Stockholm City Centre.
If you think this could be you - get in touch. We will meet interesting candidates on an ongoing basis!
COME JOIN US